Monday, June 12, 2006

Top 10 Most Read Last Week On Javablogs.com, Week 23


Most read last week

  1. The Top 10 Java Killer Apps (357): Some VERY cool apps that have created, or are creating, quite a buzz not only in the Java world but in the larger populace. I’ve used most of the apps below, although I have yet to try a few. [read]

  2. Google hits a home run with Google Spreadsheet (290): I just got my invite to play with the latest offering from Google, the Google Spreadsheets and my initial reaction after playing with it for the past hour is incredibly positive. [read]

  3. Agile people still don't get it (279): I just attended a presentation by Jeff Langr about Test-Driven Development which represents everything that is wrong about the way Agile advocates are trying to evangelize their practices. [read]

  4. Whoa ... Spring doesn't lazily instantiate beans? (207): Just stumbled across a blog about Lazy Bean instantiation in Spring 2.0. This is kind of funny to me ... lazy instantiation is so important, so part of the base line of IoC container functionality, [read]

  5. 6 Common Errors in Setting Java Heap Size (198): Two JVM options are often used to tune JVM heap size: -Xmx for maximum heap size, and -Xms for initial heap size. Here are some common mistakes I have seen when using them: Missing m, M, [read]

  6. Google it? Not anymore... (198): I‘m disappointed in Google, to be honest. While I‘m not one of those Google-loving fly boys out there who think they can do no wrong, [read]

  7. Would someone please explain Spring to me? (195): I'm dense. It's true. I'm not particularly quick to pick up on new concepts. I suppose if I encountered new concepts more often, I'd get better at assimilating. Instead, [read]

  8. Take that .NET! (191): As an outspoken advocate of Java distributed computing, I was recently confronted by a group of .NET enthusiasts. They felt compelled go on about how much more "advanced" . [read]

  9. Spring, what a crappy framework (184): I have this crappy theme going. In all seriousness, the Spring framework isn't crappy. As I've mentioned before, I like its promotion of interfaces - code to interfaces, not implementation, [read]


Most read last week-end

  1. Spring, what a crappy framework (184): I have this crappy theme going. In all seriousness, the Spring framework isn't crappy. As I've mentioned before, I like its promotion of interfaces - code to interfaces, not implementation, [read]

  2. Eclipse3.2 Splash Screen Final Release (157): As you know I have been creating splash screens for Eclipse Releases. This the final splash screen for the Eclipse Callisto 3. [read]

  3. Spring MVC or Webwork ? (124): Disclaimer::To start with, I'm new to both of these frameworks and am looking at both of them with a fresh pair of eyes. [read]

  4. World's funniest joke (116): A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. [read]

  5. Agile Developers don't do Design (93): James Carr is back blogging after a year's absence and writes that we don't use UML in XP. [read]

  6. Google And The Puzzle of Dropping Eggs (87): Google is also known for its interesting interview questions. Enjoy this one and my solution. Suppose you have two eggs. [read]

  7. FireFox, the Next another Platform (86): We see the Web 2.0 is come to reality, and the apps move to web, google as the platform for provider, and firefox as the apps to access the platform, [read]

  8. Why Java code is bad for rules and a declarative alternative (78): One of the selling features of Drools, and one of the reasons we are often chosen over competitors, [read]

  9. 86 rules while you are at a bar (78): It happens that I live just across a dive bar... Also, I have really started appreciating Scotch recently Anyway, [read]


No comments :

Post a Comment