Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Moved From Dropbox to Ubuntu One

Dropbox worked well, but the company decided to blacklist it. I suppose some people abused it. While looking for an alternative, I found Ubuntu One. It's funny I never tried it before even though I use Ubuntu. I did not think it was a dropbox replacement, but it is. And you get 5GB instead of Dropbox 2GB limit, which is enough for me (I was a bit above the 2GB limit). It works well under Linux but as well on Android and there is an iOS app I have not yet tried. It also works on Windows and Mac.


1 comment :

  1. I moved later to ownClound, when I noticed that Ubuntu-One was almost impossible to use on another Linux distribution. It turned out that Ubuntu-One ended several months later.

    Maybe a Linux-One cloud would have had more weight.

    ReplyDelete