Monday, April 24, 2006

Last week Javablogs.com top 10


Most read last week

  1. Why I hate tomcat (326): Everyone uses tomcat, and nobody believes the tiny minority of us who hate it. Tomcat sucks, plain and simple. For such an important piece of infrastructure, [read]

  2. Java Everywhere - especially at Google (234): Just in case some people missed it, there are some heavy-hitter Java evangelists over at Google, many of whom went over to the Googly side about 1.5 years ago. There’s Joshua Bloch, [read]

  3. Grails: Ruby on Rails feeling the heat (231): Up until now I have not wanted to be drawn into a Grails vs Rails debate, clearly not wanting to start a flame war with the Ruby community, [read]

  4. Linux, what a crappy OS (225): Yea, I said it - Linux is a crappy OS. I started developing on Linux, not just deploying to it, and the fact that I can't easily find a terminal that supports horizontal scrolling is baffling. [read]

  5. How long do you stay a programmer (212): I wondered today if you become bored of programming, the everyday cut and thrust of programming problems. [read]

  6. Humor: Hani's First Day at the JCP (210): Hani Suleiman, the voice - or something - behind The BileBlog, is now a member of the JCP's Executive Committee. In this latest Tale from the ServerSide, [read]

  7. 10 Things I Hate About Wikis (208): OK, so wikis are a great idea. I have “embraced the wiki” as a great communication tool, and there are many, many benefits. But still they manage to get to me. [read]

  8. Scott McNealy Leaving (as CEO) Sun Microsystems? (206): I just got a call from someone that was high up at sun saying "Do I know what's happening next week at Sun". He told me that scott is leaving his post next week. [read]

  9. PHP and Ruby: Evolution before Revolution (206): It has been a pleasure to use Rails for web applications that are suited to it, especially green field applications. But not all projects are green fields, [read]


Most read last week-end

  1. Java Everywhere - especially at Google (234): Just in case some people missed it, there are some heavy-hitter Java evangelists over at Google, many of whom went over to the Googly side about 1.5 years ago. There’s Joshua Bloch, [read]

  2. Grails: Ruby on Rails feeling the heat (231): Up until now I have not wanted to be drawn into a Grails vs Rails debate, clearly not wanting to start a flame war with the Ruby community, [read]

  3. OR Mapping vs. Active Record (129): I'm working thru the Ruby on Rails book and I'm finding Active Record interesting. I've always preferred a rich domain model, but the price for that has been mapping to a relational database. [read]

  4. SOA: dead man walking (113): Could not have said it better myself: “What do you think we should do about SOA?” Which weirdly, nobody had asked me before, and I could find only one answer: “Don’t do anything. [read]

  5. SOA is too complex and ‘just vendor BS’ (107): …and don’t flame me :) - those are the words of Tim Bray. “What do you think we should do about SOA?” Which weirdly, nobody had asked me before, [read]

  6. Russell Beattie's "Last Page" (107): Russ wrote his last page on his notebook/weblog. Hey Russ, I am looking forward to the 1st page, your first chapter of your new "book"... Lot's of great contributions by you, [read]

  7. Rails realities part 11 (semi-frozen rails) (101): You know those times when something all of a sudden stops working for seemingly no reason at all? Well about a half hour ago was one of those times for my rails app. [read]

  8. Using log4j to monitor web application errors (100): When monitoring a production website (especially with a dozen or so application servers) you don’t want to rely on combining the logs and reviewing them manually for exceptions, [read]

  9. 6 Java sourceforge projects you may find interesting (Spring/Hibernate/...) (99): Here is a list of java sourceforge projects I went into that I found interresting, by interresting I mean new ideas, nice code, [read]


1 comment :